Feeling happy with the front yard :)
Time to move on to another challenge- the side yard!
We started out by adding a side walk from the kitchen steps that leads to the deck.
We did this about 2 years ago, right after Riley finished the deck!
It's crazy to look back and see how little grass we had over here starting out.
We put up this fence last year and are soo happy with it. (minus a little drama with the neighbs). It adds so much privacy to the back yard! We recruited a few of our friends from Texas to help build it while they were in town. ;)
After letting it weather for a year, next item on the agenda is to clean it and get it stained to match the shutters and front porch posts.
We have planted some things that just never took off. Now we have a few azalea plants haphazardly placed by the walkway. We should probably mulch around it or something because it's nearly impossible to mow.
BUT look how pretty this little white azalea is!
I'm contemplating moving it to the front because I loooove the white flowers so much!
So here is what we have to work with on one side....
Currently the only things here are a few irises that just didn't go anywhere else. They look pretty horrible even there too. And I planted a little seedling from a Rose of Sharon that's actually doing alright. It's just tee-tiny right now.
And the other side is looking like this......
I planted some random annual seeds over here that are actually growing- seriously surprising! Oh and our neighbor gave us this plant called "snow on the mountain". She promised it would grow literally anywhere- and she was right! They're filling in around the bottom so hopefully they'll cover up the sad little square eventually.
But now for the fun part!! Here's some inspiration for our side yard! I'm dying to get going on this project :)
I don't know if I want to make it this tall. I think I would just use one level. But the rocks in front would be a good separator between the bed and the driveway
This could be cute and useful!
I like the idea of hooks on the posts with plants and string lights between them
THIS may be my favorite!! I love how low to the ground the planter is. The lanterns are actually pretty awesome. I wouldn't have quite as many though. I found some of these at Family Dollar yesterday. They had a little solar panel on top so we wouldn't have to plug them in. I think they were $6 so we could get a couple and space them out.
I like this one alot too! We could do a raised bed (maybe not quite as raised as this) and incorporate the rocks we have in the front beside the driveway.
Hopefully in the fall we can get lots of pretty hostas from our neighbor to edge out the side garden. Especially since we'll probably need to use more shade-friendly plants.
I'm not positive if I love this but it would be good to mix it up from all the wood going on in the back.
Ok that's it! Can't wait to get goingggggg







No comments:
Post a Comment